Benefits Of Colon Hydrotherapy
Compression of neighboring organs disappears or attenuates when volume reduces in the colon. Relaxing effect on organs above intestines such as the liver, heart, and lungs. Sensation of lightness may be experienced.
• Reduces pressure in the intra-abdominal area which improves venous return from lower extremities and pelvic zone. Relaxes pressure on the hips and lumbar column70-178 and is beneficial to their mobility. Relaxes abdominal muscles from the action of water temperature and massage that accompany the colonic. Increases abdominal muscle tone due to reducing intestinal residues.
• Stimulates peristaltic action of intestines restoring normal muscle tone and therefore removal of constipation. Potential to correct intestinal transit problems such as constipation and diarrhea without resorting to prescription drugs.
• Sensation of well being due to the elimination of mucus, alimentary remainders not digested, gases and toxic bacteria. Relieves inflammation and edema due to elimination of irritating substances.
• Expels parasites due to alternating water temperatures and complementary additives to colonic water such as garlic and other vermifuge (parasite killing) herbs. Decreases demineralization of body because it improves metabolism.
• Relieves gynecological disorders such as cystitis and dysmenorrhea due to reduction of a prolapsed intestine. Reduces risk of complications after surgery because it reinforces natural immunity. We can suppose colon hydrotherapy improves functions of the large intestines, lymph and nervous system because a relation exists between them in the GI tract.
• Reduces weight and slims due to activating elimination. Creates an increase in mental capacity and rejuvenation since it decreases the degenerative process, normal or accelerated, by removing toxic substances that affect biological aging
Benefits of Infrared Sauna
Sauna uses infrared heaters to emit infrared light experienced as radiant heat which is absorbed by the surface of the skin.Traditional saunas heat the body primary by conduction and convection from the heated air and by radiation of the heated surfaces in the sauna room
A study of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis showed a reduction in pain, stiffness and fatigue during infrared sauna therapy, but since results from the study “did not reach statistical significance a causal relationship between infrared sauna therapy and positive health benefits does not exist with certainty. Toxins
Another benefit claim is that since saunas increase perspiration, they purportedly liberate undisclosed “toxins.” Saunas have been recommended for this ostensible reason to people who are told they have high levels of “toxicity” in their body, although the supposed, offending toxins are rarely identified. Saunas may be useful to those who cannot sweat from exercise due to their health problems, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Only if the sauna uses far-infrared technology, the sauna might be more tolerated by patients who don’t tolerate the high temperatures of the standard humid hot air saunas. This is because far-infrared rays do not heat the air inside the sauna, but they still heat the body. However, most infrared saunas in the market do not use the expensive far-infrared panels, which can be touched because they remain always cold, but much cheaper low and medium-infrared heaters, which remain very hot when used and also heat the air of the sauna.
Energy expenditure and weight loss
Some infrared sauna proponents claim that the sauna is an effective method for considerably raising the rate of energy expenditure in the body. Proponents typically quote the Journal of the American Medical Association stating: “A moderately conditioned person can easily sweat off 500 grams in a sauna, consuming nearly 300 kcal, which is equivalent to running 2–3 miles. A heat-conditioned person can easily sweat off 600–800 kcal with no adverse effects. While the weight of the water loss can be regained by drinking water,70-243 the calories consumed will not be.” This statement is based on the amount of energy absorbed by sweat evaporating from the skin. It is equivalent to the latent heat of vaporization of water, which is 539 kcal/kg (2260 kJ/kg). The source of this energy is then confused to be body energy stores, while the source is in fact the excessive heat absorbed from the sauna. The body reacts to the excess heat flux by increasing perspiration. This does not increase body heat generation and calorie burn.
Benefits of Tai Chi
• Foundation strength
• Relaxation and looseness
• Greater stability
• Boosted metabolism (i.e. better muscle size/tone)
• Improved mobility
• Improved bone density
• Less chance of falls
• Reduced stress
• Improved sleep
• Lower blood pressure
Tai Chi helps us recapture some of the natural vitality of youth.
Foundational strength is about making sure that you are standing on your feet properly (i.e. weight into the center of the feet with your stance proportioned correctly) with the ability to sink down into the low stances of Tai Chi. This means that you have to get the muscles in your legs, through into and including the hips and waist, a lot stronger.
Relaxed looseness, referred to as Song in Mandarin, is one of the most important and well known characteristics of Tai Chi. Most people are laden down by a lifetime’s worth of stress and poor postural habits. The result is that too many of our muscles are almost permanently tensed up, especially in the upper back, shoulders, and neck areas. Tai Chi is about letting go of that unnecessary muscle tension and use only enough “structural tension” to maintain the Tai Chi postures. Meaning that we learn to become aware of our bodies so much that we can learn to engage only what is required to fulfill the movement at hand, everything else is completely relaxed.
Benefits of Facials
While facials have a variety of benefits for the skin on the face, there are also many health benefits as well. Facials can improve the immune system, aid in detoxification, reduce fluid build up in the body, and aid in stress relief. Facials involve some massage which aids in blood circulation and lymphatic drainage and aids in the relaxation of the facial muscles which can slow the onset of wrinkles on the face. Puffiness reduction, sagging in the face and skin cell renewal will also benefit from these massage techniques. A facial is a spa therapy that leaves your skin cleaner, softer, younger, and truly transformed. Your skin is the body’s largest organ and a direct reflection of internal wellbeing. Facials can clear clogged pores, quench parched skin and remove dead cells.
Facials will allow you to experience a dramatic difference in the quality and texture of your skin after just one visit. Our licensed aestheticians will evaluate the condition of your skin and customize the treatment so you achieve the clean, bright complexion you’ve always wanted.
Facials include all or some of the following: cleaning, massage, steam, extractions, peels, the application of a face-mask and other products. Our licensed aestheticians will perform a complete skin analysis and recommend the best facial for you.
Benefits of Massage
• Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
• Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
• Ease medication dependence.
• Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
• Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
• Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
• Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin. Increase joint flexibility.
• Lessen depression and anxiety.
• Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
• Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improvingcirculation.
• Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
• Reduce spasms and cramping.
• Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
• Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
• Relieve migraine pain