“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless and intelligence cannot be applied.” – Herophilus
Inhale Positivity, Exhale Negativity
When life gets hectic, your self-health on the back burner. When was the last time you treated yourself to some TLC? If your day-to-day routine has you feeling a little bit off-balanced, it might be time to hit the refresh button. And what better way to re-center than with a detox?
As you may already know, the body has its own natural detox methods but sometimes that’s not enough to give your body the cleanse it needs. A detox is a great way to take the pressure off your detoxifying organs, strengthen your immune system and help get your body and mind back on track.
The Benefits of Detoxing
1. Weight Loss and Management –. The number one goal of a high-quality detox plan should be long-term, sustainable change. So, if you’re looking to lose a few pounds, control cravings and start eating better a detox is a great place to start
2. More Energy – We could all use a little bit more energy to help us get through the day. Without all those harmful toxins in the body, your body will have more energy to exert in the areas you need it most.
3. Aids Internal Organs – In its most basic form, detox is a purify process. It purifies toxins that your organs may not be able to keep up with and gives those organs responsible for waste removal a much-needed rest.
4. Better Immune System – With the extra energy your cleansed organs now have, your body as a whole can do a better job at protecting your body. You’ll also start absorbing nutrients faster, which never hurts!
5. Clearer Skin – Even the best skincare products can’t cure all your skin’s problems. It takes a healthy diet and a good sweat to clear pores and smooth skin.
6. Improved Thinking – Sugar crashes, caffeine highs and other unhealthy diet behaviors can affect your mind just as much as they affect your body. For clearer thoughts and a better memory, detoxing is the way to go.
7. Shinier Hair – Toxin build up can also affect your hair. Follicles need the right nutrients to grow healthy hair and buildup can prevent those nutrients from getting where they need to be.
8. Slowed Signs of Aging – Growing older is a beautiful process, but we don’t always want to see ourselves aging. Detoxing helps to reduce visible signs of aging by eliminating toxins that contribute to dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
9. Fatigue Reduction – Operating on overdrive can leave you running on empty fast. Dehydration, lack of sleep, diet and exercise all play a role in your long-term energy levels. If you’ve been feeling extra tired lately, your body may be telling you it’s time to rest and refresh.
10. Stress Management – High cortisol levels over an extended period of time can cause a host of problems for your body (and mind). A detox that balances and regulates cortisol (stress) levels can help you to chemically reduce the amount of the hormone that is present in your body.